There are so many concerns with regard to diapers and so many people are concerned about the use of disposables and cloth diapers. This post contains cloth diaper reviews and extensively covers all you need to know about cloth diapers. Cloth diapers are the best since research has shown it substantially reduces wastage in landfills. Disposable diapers on average take more than 300 and even more years to decompose and about 95% of disposable diapers end up in landfills. It has also been established that an average family can spend about $2000 on disposables for every child if they are potty trained when they are three years old. Other reliable studies have been conducted and they have proven how monetary-wise and environment-wise, it is expensive to use disposable diapers.
Besides environmental and financial benefits, the use of cloth diapers also offers health benefits to the children. It was noted that diaper rash shot up by 70% when disposable diapers were introduced into the market. This is closely linked to the chemicals found in disposables. There has been a reduction of diaper rash after the introduction of cloth diapers and this cannot be ignored.
Cloth Diaper Reviews: One Cloth Diaper Type
- For an easy to use All-in Two diaper, pair with our Stay Dry Duo Insert
- Pliable, breathable ultra-comfortable waterproof fabric
- Wipe wrap clean between diaper changes
- Leg gussets for advanced leak protection
- Trim fit
Far and wide Thirsties cloth diapers have remained as mother’s favorite cloth diapers. The Thirsties Duo Wrap Snap, Blackbird, Size One is one of its outstanding diapers boasting with a plethora of excellent features. They are designed in such a way that they are completely waterproof and still maintain their breathability. They are strikingly pliable and gives the baby exceptional comfort. With this economical brand’s adjustable rise, you will only require two sizes from birth until potty training. They also come with leg gussets that deliver top notch protection against leakage.
Special features and benefits;
- Made with breathable, pliable, and super-comfortable fabric that is waterproof.
- An economical pack. It only takes two sizes as from birth until potty.
- Comes with hook, snap closure and loop closure that ensure it fits well to the baby.
- Exceptional trim fitting cover.
- The inside can easily be wiped clean between uses and this eliminates the need for various wraps in rotation. It makes them even more affordable.
- Features advanced leak-proof gussets that prevents leakage and has super-soft bindings that are friendly to the baby’s delicate skin.
- Completely waterproof.
- Can fit any baby, tall or short, thin or chunky.
- Material：Charcoal Bamboo inner + 100% polyester PUL outer layer
- AIO Cloth Diapers are the easiest diapers to use. Reusable diapers...
- Soft Stay-Dry Charcoal Bamboo Fleece Inner lining -Great for babies...
- One size fits all: you can adjust it to your desired size (S, M or L)...
- Washable and reusable All In One diapers are great for environment and...
This Charcoal Bamboo All In One Diaper boasts with some outstanding features. It comes in a trim all in one design that has 3×3 adjustable rise snaps that will perfectly fit small, medium and large size babies. To ensure excellent comfort on the baby’s legs, this diaper has soft and elastic double leg gussets. It also has a soft stay-dry inner lining that is made of Charcoal Bamboo. Furthermore, it is made with two layers of bamboo and 2 layers of microfiber that acts as excellent absorbers. The Leak Guard situated at the front inner side of this diaper is perfect for babies who sleep on their tummy.
Specials Features and benefits:
- It has an absorbent and trim layer made up of 2 bamboo layer and 2 microfibre layer.
- It has double leg gussets that are made of gentle and elastic for maximum comfort. These prevent leaks
- Its front leak guard is good for tummy sleepers as well as “small” guys.
- The inner lining is made of Charcoal Bamboo that is an excellent absorber and is ideal for babies who experience rashes or those who sleep heavily at night.
- It has extra features such as a pocket opening for additional inserts.
- Breathable, leak-proof and waterproof.
- Leak guard for extra convenience.
- Ideal for heavy sleepers and those prone to rashes as a result of wetness.
B. Pocket cloth diaper Type
- 4 size settings in one diaper: 6-40+ lbs
- Patented double inner gusset leak prevention technology US Pat....
- Adjustable absorbency
- Available in a multitude of color and prints for easy outfit matching!
If you are looking for a premium quality starter bundle kit, then look no farther. The all in one diapers boasts with some of the most outstanding features. The best all in one cloth diapers is the Charcoal Bamboo All in One Diaper that has been designed to meet all that you may desire in a cloth diaper. You get what value of every penny you spent on this pack. It is fitted with adjustable size snaps and nappy covers made from 100% organically grown Bamboo. They are leak proof and breathable thanks to the double gussets that block any leakage. It also has a 5 layer Charcoal Bamboo insert that gives it an outstanding absorption quality and makes it soft and comfortable.
Special Features and Benefits
- Its nappy covers are made of 100% organically grown Bamboo.
- Comes with double gussets that are leak proof.
- It has 5 layers of Bamboo inserts that are highly absorbent and soft.
- Its adjustable snaps can fit from newborns to toddlers. It is ideally an all in one diaper designed as one size to fit all.
- The Bamboo produces a substance that prevents diaper rash in babies.
- Can fit from newborns to toddlers.
- Leak proof and water proof.
- Highly absorbent and is ideal for night time and heavy wetting.
- Completely eliminates chances of diaper rash and other conditions that affect baby’s delicate skin.
- Anti-leak exterior (TPU), 6 inserts included
- Three rows of adjustable snaps to allow for a small/medium/large size...
- Hip snaps to prevent the sides from drooping
- Including 6pcs of diapers + 6 inserts
- Waist tab overlaps for extra small waist size
The Reusable Baby Cloth Pocket diapers, 6 pcs + inserts has been designed for those who are looking for a unisex cloth diaper packages that not only meet all their needs but also come at an affordable price. It is one of the pocket cloth diapers that have amazing features. This diaper is an all in one size pack that has an anti-leak exterior. It comes with six inserts and 6 pieces of diapers and is reusable and washable. It is also antibacterial and comes with an adjustable snap that will fit your baby irrespective of their body size or height. The minimum and maximum weight recommendation for this diaper is 8 pounds and 40 pounds respectively. It will fit from small, medium, and large sizes all in one diaper.
Special Features and Benefits:
- Has an anti-leak exterior which include 6 inserts.
- Comes with hip snaps that protect the sides from drooping.
- It has three rows of adjustable snaps which will fit your baby irrespective of body size and height.
- Comes with waist tab overlaps that will fit even extremely small waist sizes.
- Fits from small, medium to large sizes.
- It is completely leak-proof.
- It can fit even babies who have extremely small waists.
- Washable and reusable.
- One Size fit 0-2 Year Babies: Diapers with adjustable snaps fits...
- Save Money & Environmental-Friendly: Cloth diapers with inserts are...
- Strong Absorbency with Breathability: These diapers are reusable and...
- Water-proof & Leak-Free: The outer layer is made of polyester with...
- Packing List: 6pcs diapers + 6pcs microfiber inserts+4pcs 4-layer...
This baby diaper package is categorized under pocket cloth diapers. It is an excellently designed all in one size product that comes with some outstanding features. The package includes 6 inserts and 6 diapers that have been made using a strongly absorbent and breathable material. It is made to fit all baby sizes and with its double rows of snaps its fits the baby perfectly. This environmentally healthy and waterproof diaper also has leg gussets that are meant to prevent leaks. It is an adjustable diaper that is definitely worth its price.
Special features and Benefits:
- It is designed with double rows of snaps which ensure it fits your baby perfectly.
- It has leg gussets that prevent leaks.
- It is made of a highly absorbent and breathable material that is also waterproof.
- It has an inner suede cloth wicks that absorbs moisture. It allows the liquid to pass to the inner absorbent layers.
- There is no peeling.
- It can fit small, medium and large size children due to its 3 row snaps.
- Completely waterproof, breathable, and highly absorbent.
- FASION & STYLISH －Why not get these reusable, washable...
- HIGH QUALITY, ADJUSTABLE, REUSABLE & WATERPROOF －Outer layer:...
- SAVE MONEY & ECO-FRIENDLY－Our reusable cloth diapers are designed...
- ENJOY －Hip snaps and crossover snaps to prevent “wing droop”....
- SINCERE SERVICE & NO RISK －1 year guarantee. If you have any...
If you love machine washable and dryable diapers then the Alva baby cloth diaper pocket should be your choice. Weighing approximately 4.5 pounds, this diaper has been designed to meet the needs of the savvy buyer. This diaper package is an all in one size diaper with adjustable snaps that will fit perfectly your baby irrespective of body size or height. It is completely waterproof and is made with a highly absorbent material that is breathable. This guarantees your baby’s comfort and eliminates diaper rash in the delicate baby skin. It also has leg gussets that prevent leaks.
Special Features and Benefits:
- It has double rows of snaps that fit the baby perfectly.
- It is completely waterproof and leak proof.
- It is made with a breathable and highly absorbent material.
- It is machine washable and dryable unlike other diapers.
- Leakproof and waterproof.
- It is breathable and highly absorbent.
- Fits small, medium and large size child.
- It is an adjustable diaper.
- Can be machine washed and dried.
It is affordable and definitely worth its price
The benefit of Customer when they use Cloth Diaper
Cloth diapers give lots of benefits to the customer. These include;
- Saves money-unlike disposable diapers where you throw away money every time when you change diapers, you save money with cloth diapers since they are washable and reusable. The amount saved on the cloth diaper will depend on the brand chosen. Families can save up to $1100 and even more buy buying cloth diapers instead of mid-range disposable diaper brands. This may sound too good to be true but it is a fact.
- Minimize waste-experts stipulate that every baby that use disposable diapers generate on average about one ton of landfill in waste by the time they are two years. In fact, disposable diapers make up a huge proportion of consumer waste in landfills. Therefore, the use of cloth diapers significantly reduces wastage.
- Convenience-cloth diapers, especially the modern designs, come with features that offer exceptional convenience to the consumer. They are much better when compared to the disposables.
- Minimize diaper rash-disposables contain chemicals, gels, and accumulate ammonia. All these cause skin rash in delicate baby skin. Contrarily, cloth diapers have reduced skin rash in children by a substantial percentage. They are the best option since they are hygienic and easier to maintain.
How to Pick the Best Cloth Diaper
While choosing a cloth diaper it is always wise to have in mind the fact that every baby is different. This, therefore, means that it is never a guarantee that a specific diaper will fit your baby since it fitted your friend’s baby. Choose a cloth diaper that suits your baby perfectly by considering these factors;
- The Fit-choose a cloth diaper that fits your baby perfectly. Babies grow pretty fast and therefore it is crucial you choose a diaper that can fit your baby for a long time. You can choose prefold or flat diapers if your baby is a newborn since they are ideal for their unusual body shape.
- Material-you have to consider the diaper material since each material has its pros and cons. For instance Bamboo is highly absorbent and resistant to bacteria, cotton is long lasting and durable, and polyester can be irritating to the baby skin. Consider all other materials such as wool, hemp, and others also before making a purchase.
- Quality-you have to choose a high-quality diaper and ensure you get it at best price as well.
- Price- you should ensure you choose a cloth diaper that is within your budget and best meets your needs.
- Brand- you should consider the brand to buy from. A brand with a good reputation is an ideal option.
Tips for Use of Cloth Diaper:
I. Important Notice when Using Cloth Diapers
For healthy diaper use, follow the following tips;
- Location Medical experts recommend that you choose a well-designated spot where you can change cloth diapers. It is even better to ensure your spot lies near the bathroom. This will ensure you are close to the sink. Avoid making diaper changes on the kitchen counter or anywhere near where people are eating. These will prevent the spread of germs.
- Readiness Always be prepared before making diaper changes. Make sure you have at hand all that is required for diaper changing. Stopping midway to take out something will increase the spread of germs.
- Wipe carefully You should follow the right procedure when wiping your baby. For girls it is recommended you do the wiping from front then backwards. For boys ensure you put a cloth over the penis every time so that it can prevent urine spray.
- Rolling the diaper Carefully roll up the diaper and reseal the tabs so as top ensure you get a ball that is germ-free.
- Use a diaper pail Consider buying a diaper pail since they have been customized so as to avoid the spread of germs.
- Cleaning Always clean and disinfect the designated changing area. You should also clean the diaper pad regularly. Every time you make diaper changes do not forget to wash your hands and those of the baby.
II. Guide on Use of Cloth Diapers
It is quite easy to comprehend how to use cloth diapers. If you are a newbie, follow the following guidelines when using cloth diapers;
- Changing diapers–follow the right procedure when changing baby diapers. If the baby is a boy always cover the penis while changing him and if it is a girl wipe her from the front then backwards.
- Use a wet bag-this will keep the smell and baby mess in. It is usually made out of pull fabric.
- Washing the diapers-the cloth diapers should be washed every 3 to 4 days. You can even buy a number of them so that washing becomes easier.
- Wet pail-never use a wet pail but simply throw in the dirty diapers.
- Stripping cloth diapers- strip the baby diapers at least every 3 months. This will help remove ammonia build up which is hard to eliminate through washing
- Avoid rash creams-creams are not good since they stain the diapers and make them less absorbent. Instead use baby powder.
- Detergents-the best detergents to use are those custom-made for diapers. Just avoid those that have oil.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the best detergent to use on baby cloth diapers?
Most detergents contain dyes, fabric softeners, perfumes, and optical brighteners which may leave a residue on the diaper fabric. This residue can cause problems to the delicate baby skin. Therefore, if you baby experiences skin sensitivities seek the advice of a physician before you use or continue using any detergent. Use a detergent that cleans the diapers well.
How do you avoid stinky diapers or covers?
Stinky diapers and covers in most cases result due to poor cleaning. You should wash the diaper again and ensure they are thoroughly cleaned. You can use a warm wash in addition to a squirt of liquid Dawn then rinse the diapers well. If this does not work, use ¼ cup of bleach in warm water.
What diapering accessories is a must-have?
There are literally thousands of different accessories to buy but the most important ones include; diaper pail, cloth baby wipes, and a wipe warmer.
How do you avoid the house from smelling like a diaper pail?
Cloth diapers usually smell less diaper pail odor unlike disposables since in most cases they do not have perfumes. However, improper cleaning of the cloth diapers will increase the odor in the house. To avoid any kind of diaper pail odor in your house, use the right detergents and clean the diapers frequently.
Are cloth diapers a better option for my baby?
According to medical experts, babies are highly sensitive to diapers. Therefore your baby can react negatively to some chemicals and perfumes that are found in disposable diapers. A cloth diaper is so much better than disposables since they do not have perfumes and other chemicals. Furthermore, they are washable and reusable.
Cloth diapers are gaining widespread acceptance among buyers since they offer much more advantages over disposable diapers. They are mostly preferred since they are quite inexpensive to buy and maintain. You can easily know what to look out for when choosing a cloth diaper once you understand the types, brands, and prices of the various cloth diapers in the market. Cloth diaper reviews will help you in getting the full information about various diaper types, brands, sizes, and prices. You should choose a cloth diaper that is not only within your budget but also meet your needs and requirements.
Might you can want to read articles related to find more information for the best cloth diaper.