Keeping the toilet clean is the necessary thing that you need to take care of, whether it is your home or your office. There can be some health-related problems that you can face if you do not take proper care of the cleanliness and hygiene of the toilet.
You can use some items to clean the toilet in the most effective way, such as proper toilet cleaner, toilet brush, and many others. Whatever toilet cleaner product you use, one particular thing to surely use is the toilet brush to have a clean toilet.
If you go for purchasing a toilet brush, you may come across some options and types. Don’t get confused regarding which one to purchase and which one to not. Just do a well research before you buy one. If you are sure about which one you wish to take, you can surely get the best toilet brush.
But if you are not aware of which one will be best for you, then you may need to consider some factors in selecting the best one. Many individuals go for the brand name while there are also many individuals who may take care of the properties of the brush so that they can get the best option for their toilet cleaning regime.
How to Choose The Best Toilet Brush?
Selecting the best brush can be not a difficult task if you know the proper factors to consider. Apart from the brand, there are some other points that you may have to take care of so that you do not have to regret your decision later on.
Comfortable Handle: The first thing to take care of, while selecting a toilet brush is that whether holding the brush is comfortable or not. Normally, the brush handle is made up of soft plastic that makes it easy for the users to have a proper grip on it. There are also brushes that may have a metal handle or rod. It is important to check whether such brush handles are rust-free or not.
The Brush Bristle: Second, most important point to consider is the bristle of the brush. There is no point to having a brush that is comfortable to hold but is not good at cleaning the toilet. The bristles of the brush should not be very soft or very hard. Also, they should not be attached to iron wires as they have a tendency of damaging the floor or other areas of the toilet.
Hygiene of the Brush: Just keeping the toilet clean is not the only thing that you need to consider. You also need to understand that the toilet brush that you are using should also be cleaned properly after cleaning the toilet. It is important that the toilet brush is properly sterilized so that it does not spread out any bacteria in the toilet that may then have an inverse impact on the health of the family members.
You should consider a brush with wide bristles or have wide gaps so that you can clean up the brush properly. Of course, proper disinfectant should be surely used up in cleaning up the toilet brush.
Design Matching the Interiors: There are some users who also consider design to be one of the factors while choosing a toilet brush. Of course, the factors mentioned above are the most important ones to consider regarding keeping the toilet clean as well as the brush also clean.
But there are many individuals who also consider the design and look while selecting the best toilet brush. Not just the brush should be good to look at, but also it should match up with the interior of the toilet, regarding color, pattern, and others.
Best Toilet Brush Reviews 2020
|OXO Good Grips Compact Toilet Brush & Canister||BEST OVERALL|
|Mr. Clean Turbo Plunger and Bowl Brush Caddy Set, Toilet...||RUNNER-UP|
|ToiletTree Products Deluxe Toilet Brush with Lid||BEST BANG FOR THE BUCK|
|Rubbermaid Toilet Bowl Brush with Caddy Holder, with Caddy...||BEST BRUSH/PLUNGER SET|
|Quickie Lysol Bowl Brush/Caddy||BEST DISPOSABLE|
|iDesign Twigz Toilet Bowl Brush and Holder for Bathroom...||MOST HYGIENIC|
|simplehuman Toilet Brush with Caddy, Stainless Steel, White||TOP-RATED TOILET BRUSH|
- Canister door opens automatically when Toilet Brush is lifted and...
- Toilet Brush features tapered Brush head and sturdy blue bristles for...
- Shape of handle is designed for a secure, comfortable grip
- Canister drip tray features ventilation slots that allow water to...
- Compact footprint is ideal for small spaces
The OXO toilet brush comes along with a hideaway, as already mentioned in its name. This keeps the brush hidden in the toilet from the eyes of the guests and also it keeps the brush safe and protected from being damaged. The brush holder will offer you the perfect grip so that you can provide a proper and deeper cleaning to the toilet of your house or office.
Also, the brush is available in different sizes and colors so that you can select the one based on the requirement that you have and also by matching the brush to the interior of your toilet.
- The hideaway canister is easy to open and close and hides the brush quite conveniently so that the entire setup can look extremely clean.
- The head of the brush is a bit tapered and also the bristles are of such a quality that proper cleaning can be provided by reaching all the corners of the toilet.
- The handle of the brush is shaped in a way that can offer the user a comfortable grip for holding it.
- The canister has holes in it so that the wet brush can get dried up in it easily.
- The footprint is the best feature so that the brush can be kept anywhere, even in a minimum space.
- It has the problem with canister leakage and damage.
- Contains a large round brush for easy cleaning
- Turbo plunger has rubber grip handle and extended rubber plunger...
- Caddy has a non-slip base
If you wish to flaunt your bathroom accessories, then this can be a correct option for you. The caddy set is beautifully designed to hold both the plunger as well as the bowl brush. The non-slippery base of the caddy offers both the plunger and the brush an easy and comfortable storage.
The plunger and brush has a height measurement of about 19 inches and has a rubber grip over a sleek design to have a comfortable grip while cleaning. So, it comes with a good look and good utility.
- There cannot be any other bigger pros than the fact that the Caddy has both the plunger and the brush.
- The brush is a round and big one so that it can provide a great cleaning experience.
- The plunger is designed with a sleek handle shape and is covered with rubber that offers a comfortable grip to the user while cleaning the toilet.
- The caddy has a base that is non-slippery so that you can keep the set anywhere in the toilet and they can be there without slipping out here and there.
- The caddy set is stylish to look at, and hence it matches perfectly with your toilet and can be a great option to flaunt.
- The only problem it has with its pointed design of the plunger as they may hurt sometimes.
- You'll appreciate the hands-off operation; when you lift the brush on...
- Deluxe, decorative toilet brush and holder with lid looks good sitting...
- Having a lid on a toilet bowl brush container is important when it...
- Say good-bye to cheap plastic bowl-brush combos that constantly flip...
- This modern container and brush is 5.8 x 5.8 x 11 inches; it's just...
Nobody wishes to have a pungent smell in the toilet of the brush with which the toilet has been cleaned. Now even if you have cleaned your brush properly and carefully, it will smell and will fill the toilet environment with a nasty smell. Often the smell becomes unbearable.
The best, in this case, is to hide the brush so that the smell does not fill in the toilet. ToiletTree Toilet Brush with lid offers such option where the brush can be kept in the lid so that you do not have to face any smell issues.
- The operation of the brush lid is simple. When you are taking the brush out of the lid, the lid opens up and then as you again put back the brush, the lid closes. You do not have to operate it manually.
- The lid over the brush does not let the smell of the brush come out, and hence there is no bad smell in your toilet also.
- The product is made of chrome finish in place of the plastic ones. This matches well with your toilet and provides a better look each time all the times.
- Though the entire look of the lid and the brush looks that of iron or some other metal, it is very light in weight.
- Fully-bristled head for all-around cleaning.
- Synthetic bristles provide durability, excellent bristle bend recovery...
- Plastic handle and holder are durable and easy to clean.
- Holder provides handy, efficient storage to keep the brush off the...
- Made in the USA.
Having a nice toilet cleaning brush is essential to our daily living. And a model like this will always ensure that your toilet bowl is super clean and sparkling every day.
So say to not dirty toilet bowls and start living good.
The Rubbermaid cleaning brush has full bristles that make toilet bowl cleaning very easy and simple. I use this Rubbermaid brush, and I take less than 3 minutes cleaning my toilet bowl. The bristles can reach the curved area of the bowl too.
The Rubbermaid toilet brush comes with a base for storing the brush whenever it’s not in use. At least this base help to secure the toilet brush and prevents it from falling which can result to germs cross contaminations.
The Rubbermaid has a durable plastic construction that makes it long lasting. I just love its construction since am sure that I will use it for a very long time due to its durability. I give it an upper hand compared to the other toilet brush brands.
The Rubbermaid has comfortable handles that are very gentle on the hands. I have always liked its comfort handles since whenever am suing the toilet brush, am sure that my hands will be fully protected from any external injuries.
- Angled Storage For Easy Reach
- Comfort Grip For Extra Gripping Power
- Anti-Slip Grip
If you are hoping to accomplish a good and proper clean, you need not look any further than this Lysol brush and caddy. Like most highly functional bathroom cleaning elements, this one has not been made to fit into any particular interior décor design. In fact, it will likely stand out in most designs like a sore thumb. Measuring in at only 14 inches high, however, this is one eyesore you can easily shove beneath a counter or inside a cabinet.
Let’s talk about the functional abilities of this toilet brush. I want to talk about this because I was so impressed with these abilities that I honestly stopped caring about its appearance. As someone who is very passionate about interior design, it means a lot that I stopped thinking about its appearance. In fact, when the time comes for me to go out and purchase a new toilet brush and holder I just may forego beauty and grab this one instead.
Owning this brush is sort of like having two toilet brushes in one. While its main, cone-like brush will gently clean away toilet bowl stains and dirt, its other brush will clean under the toilet rim. The smaller, angled brush pointing away from the main part of the brush isn’t doing so simply because the green bristles aren’t friends with the white bristles, it is pointing in this direction so that it can reach underneath the rim.
You may not think that it is very important to clean here since you cannot see underneath the rim of your toilet, but it is actually quite important to keep this area clean. Not only will you be reducing the overall number of germs in your bathroom, you will also be stopping the growth of mold and mildew. Speaking of germs, I would like you to know that this brush actually has germ-fighting microbes built into its bristles. That’s right, I said built into its bristles. Unlike some competitors, who simply spray their bristles with antibacterial soaps which wear off in a matter of days, this brush has germ fighting abilities literally built into the fibers of its bristles.
- TOILET BOWL BRUSH AND HOLDER: Steel bowl brush and holder is perfect...
- STYLISH: Designed with a leaf pattern and bronze finish, this holder...
- DURABLE: Made with rust-resistant stainless steel and a removable...
- REPLACEABLE HEAD: Brush head is removable for replacement when it...
- COMPACT SIZE: Toilet bowl brush and holder measure 4.5" x 4.5" x...
The oil-rubbed bronze rodding used to create this brush’s holder makes gives it a rustic appeal which many people love to work into vintage-inspired designs. Whether it is a touch of vintage in a contemporary space or a rustic cottage appearance you are trying to create in your bathroom space, this InterDesign set will help you achieve that goal. The leaf design offers a slightly feminine touch without taking things overboard into full-out floral prints – a hallmark of the contemporary style.
Let’s begin by discussing the toilet brush holder, since it offers the most aesthetic appeal. The metal rodding used to create this holder somewhat resembles that of a classy waste paper basket. Small rods have been bent, shaped and welded together to create elegant designs which also act as a container.
Of course, these rods alone would not be sufficient for housing a toilet brush, so the company included a frosted plastic insert. The insert acts as a storage container for the toilet brush. The insert also makes this holder one of the easiest to clean. It can be removed and washed with ease since it is plastic – many of the other canisters are difficult to clean because they are made of steel.
Adding further to the awesomeness of this piece is the fact that it actually part of a much larger set. If you have fallen in love with this design and want to bring more or if into your bathroom space, you can also choose to separately purchase the following a waste paper basket, soap dish, shower caddy, toilet paper stand, and much more.
- 5-YEAR WARRANTY
- EFFICIENT CLEANING - Specially designed crescent-shaped brush head...
- DRIP-FREE DESIGN - A unique magnetic collar secures the cover to the...
- EASY TO STORE - The slim, dome-shaped cover conveniently stores the...
- REMOVABLE BRUSH HEAD - The brush head screws off and on for easy...
If you love interesting curves and a space-age modern design that mimics what people of the 1950s thought homes of 2000s would look like, this Simplehuman toilet brush and caddy are just what your bathroom needs. Starkly designed with a high-contrast black and chrome accents, this toilet brush is interesting in more ways than one.
Let’s start by discussing its caddy shape. These days, most stylish caddies are made of tube-like metal or plastic canisters. Cheaper, more functionally-designed options usually feature small caddies, just large enough to fit the head of the brush inside. These often work by trapping the brush inside as you push down on a special lever. This Simplehuman caddy is slightly different than both of those I just discussed. In fact, it is sort of a cross between the two.
Like the stainless steel canisters popular in the contemporary design world, it is quite stylish and keeps style at the forefront of importance. Like the cheaper, more functional options, however, it doesn’t go overboard with style and manages to make good use of more affordable and easy-to-maintain materials (such as plastic).
The brush slides into an opening in the back of the oblong plastic base. This allows it to remain hidden from view while also allowing it to air dry. The base itself is shaped somewhat like a sideways egg – it truly captures the modern style. A rubber stopper fitted to the bottom of the base keeps it from sliding around or marking up your bathroom floors.
The brush is also quite an interesting design. In creating this brush, the company has strayed completely from the typical cotton swab, blunted cone design. Instead, they’ve chosen to create a semi-circular brush which resembles a bent pipe cleaner. This design, presumably, allows you to not only clean the round surfaces of the bowl but also underneath its rim, since the brush is rather slim.
It’s important to keep your toilet clean and hygienic for obvious reasons, and there’s a huge range of products that claim to be able to do just that.
The best item that you need in order to keep your toilet clean is the right toilet brush. If you do not have this yet, you should look for the right toilet brush that you can use at home. The better your toilet brush is, the more effective it will be keeping your toilet fresh and clean. Take note that not all toilet brushes are created equal.
Although cleaning your bathrooms and toilet is a job that many do not like doing, it is important to have the best tool to ensure that you keep your toilet clean. For you to have germs free toilet you must have quality detergent and a well-made toilet brush. Even though there are very many affordable and well-built toilet brushes this article covers the Top 10 Best Toilet Brushes In 2019 that will make the cleaning task even simpler. These brushes are durable contemporary looking, easy to use and the ideal models to use regularly.
Characteristics of Good Toilet Brushes and Choosing Toilet Brush Holders
These are a few things to consider so that you can pick the toilet brush that will work best for you:
- Sturdy Bristles – You can tell a lot about the brush based on its bristles. The stronger and sturdier the bristles are, the better the brush will be in cleaning your toilet. Take note that sturdy bristles do not mean wire bristles as wire is known to cause issues with the toilet.
- Quality Handle – It is best that you choose a brush that comes with a handle that can last for a long time. You do not have to worry about the half of the brush falling off while you are cleaning your toilet.
- Design – You still want to have a toilet brush holder that can make your toilet brush discreet and at the same time, fit in with the design of your bathroom décor.
- Color – Toilet brush holders come in a wide variety of colors. Some are great for your bathroom while others are not. Do not insist on placing toilet brush holders that do not complement your bathroom. It will only stick out like a sore thumb.
- Budget – Like with all purchases, your budget is always one of the things that you should consider. It is best to pick something that fits the type of budget that you have in mind for your toilet brush.
There are also extras and all other features that you need to think about before you can purchase the right toilet brush holder. For example, the toilet brush holder may come with a set that comes with the toilet brush and a toilet plunger. Always consider these things before you make a decision.
How to Clean Your Toilet Brush
It’s a dirty job but someone’s got to do it.
If you’re reading this, that person is probably you, and we feel for you, so here are our top tips to make cleaning your toilet brush as pain-free as possible.
You’re cleaning your toilet wrong
However, this isn’t the only toilet cleaning mistake that could spread germs in your bathroom.
FORGETTING THE BACK OF THE TOILET
Just because it’s out of sight, doesn’t mean you should keep the back of your toilet out of mind. Urine and fecal matter can build up over time in this often forgotten area, leaving a tough to clean residue to battle with when you finally get around to it.
Give the back of the toilet a thorough clean by rolling up a few paper towels, soak them in bathroom cleaner and “floss” the area until it looks as good as new. Let it sit for a minute or two and floss again with a dry paper towel to finish.
THE TOILET RIM
You might squirt some toilet cleaner under the rim of your toilet whenever you clean your toilet bowl, but that’s often not enough to keep the area germ free. If your toilet brush can’t reach up into the small space, stop grime from building up under the rim by using a toothbrush to scrub the area and give it a deep clean.
“Worse case scenario: grab two gloves, some Jif and use your elbow grease,” Gantus said.
SHUT, THEN FLUSH
This isn’t a cleaning tip per se, but simply putting the seat down when you flush the toilet will help reduce the spread of germs.
When a toilet is flushed with the lid open, bacteria sprays out of the loo up to 25 centimetres, covering the surrounding area in a layer of filth.
How Often Should I Clean My Toilet Brush?
How often you clean your toilet brush really depends on how often you use it. If you are an occasional user of the toilet brush, cleaning it after every use may be practical. Should you be a member of a household in which the toilet brush gets used rather more often, once a month should be sufficient. A well maintained toilet brush should not have to be replaced too frequently.
Cleaning The Brush
There are two alternative methods to hygienically clean a toilet brush:
After wiping down your toilet seat and cleaning your toilet with the brush, flush the toilet (remembering to close the lid first, then opening it again), hold the brush over the bowl and spray liberally with disinfectant.
Now close the seat on the handle in order to hold the brush in place as it drips into the bowl for ten minutes.
Rinse in hot water and repeat this step, cleaning the holder (read next section!) as you wait for the brush to dry.
Do not place the brush back into the holder until both are completely dry unless you want to start creating exciting new lifeforms!
Another way to clean your toilet brush is to fill your loo, or alternatively a bucket, with bleach and let the brush sit in it for an hour.
Use this time to clean the holder, as explained below.
After soaking, air dry the brush by trapping it under the seat as in the previous method.
The best way to clean your toilet brush holder is to spray it with disinfectant and leave for ten minutes before rinsing in very hot water, then leave it to dry completely before storing your brush.
Now you can live safe in the knowledge that the guilty looking toilet brush living in the corner of your bathroom is spick and span and ready for use!
Cleaning The Holder
There is no point in making sure your toilet brush is hygienic and clean if you are just going to immediately place it back into the same holder it lived in beforehand. Toilet brush holders can get quite disgusting, so make sure you clean and dry yours every time you clean your brush.
Toilet brush is an important element in the day to day cleaning regime of your toilet to get a healthy toilet. But it is also important to check out the types and varieties of the brush properly and consider the various factors to get the best toilet brush to keep your toilet clean, fresh and hygienic.
There are some times when you might get confused by considering such factors and points and end up selecting some brands and brushes. If you do not wish to have such confusion, then a better way is to have a look at the options mentioned above. You can just have a look at the pros and cons of the products and then can select the one that you think is best for your toilet.
- How to Choose The Best Toilet Brush?
- Best Toilet Brush Reviews 2020
- Best Basic Function
- Rubbermaid Comfort Grip – Great toilet brush!
- Quickie Lysol Bowl Brush and Caddy – Best Deep Clean Brush
- InterDesign Twigz Toilet Bowl Brush and Holder – Best Vintage and Contemporary Design
- simplehuman Toilet Brush and Holder – Best Modern Design
- Best Toilet Brushes and Holders Buyer’s Guide 2020
- Cleaning The Holder