It’s important to keep your toilet clean and hygienic for obvious reasons, and there’s a huge range of products that claim to be able to do just that.
The best item that you need in order to keep your toilet clean is the right toilet brush. If you do not have this yet, you should look for the right toilet brush that you can use at home. The better your toilet brush is, the more effective it will be keeping your toilet fresh and clean. Take note that not all toilet brushes are created equal.
Best Toilet Brushes and Holders Buyer’s Guide
Characteristics of Good Toilet Brushes and Choosing Toilet Brush Holders
These are a few things to consider so that you can pick the toilet brush that will work best for you:
- Sturdy Bristles – You can tell a lot about the brush based on its bristles. The stronger and sturdier the bristles are, the better the brush will be in cleaning your toilet. Take note that sturdy bristles do not mean wire bristles as wire is known to cause issues with the toilet.
- Quality Handle – It is best that you choose a brush that comes with a handle that can last for a long time. You do not have to worry about the half of the brush falling off while you are cleaning your toilet.
- Design – You still want to have a toilet brush holder that can make your toilet brush discreet and at the same time, fit in with the design of your bathroom décor.
- Color – Toilet brush holders come in a wide variety of colors. Some are great for your bathroom while others are not. Do not insist on placing toilet brush holders that do not complement your bathroom. It will only stick out like a sore thumb.
- Budget – Like with all purchases, your budget is always one of the things that you should consider. It is best to pick something that fits the type of budget that you have in mind for your toilet brush.
There are also extras and all other features that you need to think about before you can purchase the right toilet brush holder. For example, the toilet brush holder may come with a set that comes with the toilet brush and a toilet plunger. Always consider these things before you make a decision.
How to Clean Your Toilet Brush
It’s a dirty job but someone’s got to do it.
If you’re reading this, that person is probably you, and we feel for you, so here are our top tips to make cleaning your toilet brush as pain-free as possible.
How Often Should I Clean My Toilet Brush?
How often you clean your toilet brush really depends on how often you use it. If you are an occasional user of the toilet brush, cleaning it after every use may be practical. Should you be a member of a household in which the toilet brush gets used rather more often, once a month should be sufficient. A well maintained toilet brush should not have to be replaced too frequently.
Cleaning The Brush
There are two alternative methods to hygienically clean a toilet brush:
After wiping down your toilet seat and cleaning your toilet with the brush, flush the toilet (remembering to close the lid first, then opening it again), hold the brush over the bowl and spray liberally with disinfectant.
Now close the seat on the handle in order to hold the brush in place as it drips into the bowl for ten minutes.
Rinse in hot water and repeat this step, cleaning the holder (read next section!) as you wait for the brush to dry.
Do not place the brush back into the holder until both are completely dry unless you want to start creating exciting new lifeforms!
Another way to clean your toilet brush is to fill your loo, or alternatively a bucket, with bleach and let the brush sit in it for an hour.
Use this time to clean the holder, as explained below.
After soaking, air dry the brush by trapping it under the seat as in the previous method.
The best way to clean your toilet brush holder is to spray it with disinfectant and leave for ten minutes before rinsing in very hot water, then leave it to dry completely before storing your brush.
Now you can live safe in the knowledge that the guilty looking toilet brush living in the corner of your bathroom is spick and span and ready for use!
Cleaning The Holder
There is no point in making sure your toilet brush is hygienic and clean if you are just going to immediately place it back into the same holder it lived in beforehand. Toilet brush holders can get quite disgusting, so make sure you clean and dry yours every time you clean your brush.
A good toilet brush, just like a good toilet detergent is key for a hygienic and clean toilet and it will prevent your toilet from staining thus saving you from the embarrassment of a dirty-looking toilet and future headaches as you try to look for ways to restore your toilet it to its former glory. The above list should point you in the right direction.