Potty training pants are an essential part of the gear required for potty training toddlers. This product is required when kids transition from diapers to underpants at around the age of eighteen months to three and half years as they start showing control of bladder and bowel movements.
A majority of parents opt for cloth training pants as opposed to paper diapers and plastic training pants as the former are friendly to the skin and can be reused after a spin in the washing machine.
These pants are quite easy to use and can save a lot of money while keeping the skin of your toddler dry and comfortable. Compared to absorbent diapers, cloth training pants allow the toddler to feel the wetness which is an essential part of the potty training process.
The best cloth training pants come with a soft elastic waistband which allows toddlers to easily pull the pants up and down, thus making potty trips several times in a day much easier.
In this article we will go through some of the best cloth training pants to help you find the best fit for your little one.
Gerber Training Pants
Gerber has been a trusted name in baby care for nearly 100 years. In general, I often use Gerber products as the benchmark against which I judge other brands. It hasn’t burned me personally yet.
These trainer pants are designed to provide basic potty training for toddlers. The center panel comes with a built-in layer of combed cotton and an absorbent layer of blended cotton, which contains fifty percent polyester. These pants have the capacity to absorb small accidental leaks and are inexpensive enough that you can buy several. The soft elastic waistband allows easy removal and provides increased comfort around the waist.
These pants are quite durable and you can use them multiple times as they are machine washable and can be tumble dried to make them ready for reuse. Gerber Training Pants (6-pairs) are available in three different sizes and colors including white and blue for boys and pink for girls. This package of six pairs of trainer pants which should get you from one wash cycle to another.
- Manufactured using combed cotton fabric on the internal shell and a blended cotton layer between panels for maximum absorption
- Inexpensive and reusable; machine wash and tumble dry
- Covered elastic waistband does not pinch skin
- Easy to pull up and down.
- Too thin to control major leaks
- Not easily available at retail stores.
Gerber Training Pants are designed for toddlers who are ready to transition from disposable diapers to cloth training pants. Gerber is a recognized brand for potty training of toddlers.
Best Bottom Potty Training Kit
- Made in USA
- Looks and feels like real underwear
- Cotton outer and waterproof inner
- Snap-in inserts make clean up easy when accidents happen
- Easy for toddlers to pull up and down
This training pant is designed to imitate real underwear and comes with snap-in feel wet inserts that absorb urine and provide the required wet feeling so that toddlers can identify the need to change their underpants. The inserts are quite attractive with different cartoon characters printed on them. The outer part is made of soft and stretchable cotton while the inner waterproof zone is designed for accommodating wet inserts.
You can opt for as many inserts as you like; generally 6 to 9 inserts are recommended for one kid. If light urine soils the insert but does not reach the pants, then remove the soiled insert, snap a new one on and the pants are ready to be reused. Potty Training Kit, Bubblegum is available in the three different sizes and six colors. Each package includes one pair of pants and three removable inserts.
- Designed like real underwear
- Manufactured using high quality cotton fabric for the shell with waterproof inside panel
- Quite easy to change the inserts due to snap-in design
- Soft elastic waistband for easy removal
- Made in the United States of America.
- Inserts provided with the pants are not thick enough to last through the night
Best Bottom Potty Training Kit, Bubblegum, Large are designed to look like real underwear, which appeals to toddlers. The removable inserts allow you to use the same pair of pants again and again until it is too soiled to be reused, thus saving time and money.
Luvable Friends Training Pants
- Cotton against baby's skin
- Absorbent inner layer
- Pull on training pants
- Makes potty training fun
- Comfortable binding on waist and leg
Thesefour-pack water resistant training pants are manufactured using 100 percent cotton. All the pants are brightly colored to make potty training more fun-filled for your loved one. These pants come fitted with 100 percent polyester inner lining and a waterproof layer to control accidental leaks.
The comfortable binding around the waistband prevents accidental pinching of the skin and makes it quite easy for kids to use. Seams are built with care- that can be a problem with some brands.
- 100 percent cotton for outer shell and 100 percent polyester filling
- Fitted with water resistant lining to avoid accidental leakage
- Soft comfortable binding on elastic used in waistband and leg edges
- Wide variety of color variations for boys and girls
- Leg holes may be too tight for some children.
- Not made in the USA.
Luvable Friends 3-Pack Water Resistant Training Pants are soft and adorable, which make them perfect for potty training. The elastic binding on the waistband and leg openings come with a waterproof layering inside the pants to provide extra protection against accidental wetting.
Super Undies Pull-On Training Pants
- Size Medium: Waist 18-21", Legs 10-13", Rise 17"
- Typical Age 2-5 yrs
- Super Undies Snap-On Potty Training Pants cause an easier transition...
- Super Undies Snap-On Potty Training Pants can make use of step-up...
- Super Undies Snap-On Potty Training Pants allow for easier...
These pants are quite easy to use. The design of Super Undies is based on the popular cloth pocket diapers. These pants are fitted with micro-fiber to absorb the maximum amount of wetness. An extra pocket which runs from front to the back allows the use of Step-up inserts for extra protection.
Even though these pants are completely waterproof, they still retain some wetness so that your toddler feels the out of the soiled pants. These pants help your kid easily transition from diapers to potty training pants as they are designed just like real underwear.
The extra large size of the pocket of these pants allows for the use of multiple inserts for added absorbency. It is suitable for toddlers with a waist size ranging from 18 to 21 inches and is recommended for children 2 to 5 years. Of course, that will depend on your child’s size more than age.
- Designed like real underwear
- Extra large pocket for multiple inserts
- Inner fabric made of smooth polyester and Lycra blend
- Microfiber terry cloth for inner absorption
- May leak
Super Undies Pull-On Training Pants are designed in such a way that the wet zone is completely waterproof with stretchable side tabs so that your kid can easily put them on and off. Their water proof design and ease of usage makes them perfect for potty training.
All of the cloth training pants reviewed in this article have their own unique features and designs. If you are looking out for a name brand pair of training pants for your kid then the Gerber Training Pants are the best option because of their competitive price range and the quality of materials used in the manufacturing of the product.
Another good option is Luvable Friends 3-Pack Water Resistant Training Pants as they are usually reasonably priced. If you are looking for potty training pants with inserts, then you should opt for Super Undies Pull-On Training Pants as the extra-large pocket provided in these pants allow you to use multiple inserts for extra absorption.
If you have questions or if you’ve used any of these products, leave a note in the comments.